Screw-in Anchor Technology
Our path to becoming world leaders in Screw-in Anchors technology started in 1985 when our first Screw Anchor was installed. Over these 35 years, we have been consistently inventing and perfecting our solutions to get to this point where we offer a turnkey package with our leading edge-technology for marine Screw-in Anchors.
Our license program
You can count on with our 35 years of critical experience and know-how ensuring equipment and screw in anchor products and ancillary products which all play a part in solutions to the myriad of challenges of marine anchoring. We will help you on selecting an appropriate vessel/work platform, organising commissioning and training on your vessel and setting up engineering support for design and sign off of projects.
Our advanced systems, equipment, screw-in anchors and ancillary products have been refined to be user-friendly in the challenging marine environment. Every element includes critical attention to detail important to safety, design integrity, effectiveness and efficiency in both installation and load-bearing capacity. All elements mesh together to form a seamless turnkey system for providing competitive environmental marine anchor solutions with quality and performance assurance.
We guarantee the competitive supply of high-quality fit for purpose and economic Screw-in Anchor products and ancillary components which were perfected over the years, including sustained static load tested and destructively tested.
Support and documentation
We can provide support for mooring design and layout using Solidworks 3D modelling CAD program. We also deliver a business development Manual and support, Screw-in Anchor Operator Manual and H&S Manual for safe equipment operation.
Need more information?
See the links below for more or contact us.
- Anchors Designed fit for purpose: All designs, materials, welds, qualification of welders, and tolerances have been driven by specific demands of marine anchoring where out on the water during installation, or in a storm event, quality counts beyond all else.
- Empirically tested to destruction: all anchor components designed fit for purpose both structurally and geotechnically and have been empirically tested with destructive testing. Tube used is of specific grade to facilitate installation while mitigating the risk of over-torque or cold hardening failure during installation.
- Shaft-less anchors: Our unique shaftless anchors lead effectiveness and efficiency in load with incomparable weight to load capacity ratios.
- Dive-less system: Allows cost-effective, quick and safe installation in high depth waters, strong current and inclined soil conditions.
- Optional Plate Anchor System: Permits installation in very challenging sites where the anchor helix configuration can be quickly adjusted to cope with highly variable substrates.
- Helical auger shaft screw anchors: Our Helix Optional Plate Anchor system (HOPAS) built with high-grade tubing anchor shafts permits installation in challenging soil conditions such as penetrating very hard substrates and transitioning from very soft to hard substrates.
- True form helix: All our anchors are built using true form helix plates, which ensures weld integrity, permits optimisation of pitch depth per revolution installation (critical for installation performance), anchor holding capacity and sign off.
- DGPS location system: The installation spot is determined with sub-metre (within 3 in) accuracy even at 100 metres (328 in depth).
- Logging software: Records precise installation position, water depth, torque, substrate penetration and anchors attributes.
- Static load test method: Safety system to quickly test up to 25T vertical load capacity verifying both anchor and geotechnical capacity before installation of production anchors.
- Motion Compensation Gantry system: Higher productivity is achieved as the system allows working in the sea in less clement conditions without which a vessel/work platform would have to cease operation.
- Flagging method: Developed to install shaft anchors to “any” depth by adding extensions to the driving shaft.
- Geotechnical sampling device: Soil characterisation can be performed either in a preliminary project phase for design and estimation purpose or to refined check on soil homogeneity along the area during installation.
- Suitable types of soils: Flat or inclined; Silts, clay, sand, gravels, weathered sandstone or rock N=1 to N≤50.
- Up to 25T vertical holding capacity (tested rupture load).
- Up to 100m water depth. We can go beyond with tailored units designed under request.
- Can take vertical or angled loads due to enhanced lateral load capacity anchor components.
- Torque verification up to 35kNm and Sustained static load testing up to 25T.
- Typical installation time per anchor: 50 min.
- If required, capacity can be extended with tailor-designed units. For instance, land-based single anchors now achieving a vertical holding capacity of 500T (tested rupture load).
- Multi anchor bridled solutions are used in projects requiring proof load over 25T per anchoring point.
- Massive operational costs and insurance cost reduction.
- Easy handling and deck space-saving.
- Safety: Robust solution very well rated by insurance companies.
- Installation of approx. 10 anchors in 8 hours shift.
- Less trips back to port for loading large concrete blocks or large steel drag anchors and chains.
- Space-saving or higher production in the same area.
- Higher precision for Navigational buoys is provided due to smaller swing circles.
Example of mussel farming application showing the Space-saving benefit of Screw-in Anchors. For instance, other applications like Swing Moorings, Navigational Aids and Solar Floating Structures will also be benefited by a smaller Anchor Warp Ratio or Swing Circle.
- Environmentally friendly
- No devastation of the seabed during installation and minute footprint.
- Able to be withdrawn or cut off with no protrusion above the seabed.
- No removal operation required after the project life.
- Provide the capability and efficiency to move projects to deeper waters for better efficiency and/or lower environmental impact.
- Easier consent process and, in some cases, no consenting bond required.
- Minimal visual impact: Either by moving your project to deeper water or by suppressing the use of vertical piles.
- No devastation of the seabed during installation and minute footprint.
- Vessel / Work platform assessment and guidance.
- Supply of 4th generation patented installation equipment including the motion stabilised gantry, remote installation tool operated from the surface, high-speed geotechnical investigation, load test, data management and quality assurance systems.
- Installation, training and support, including H&S procedures for operation.
- Assuring regular supply of true form helical Screw-in Anchors.
- Engineering support on documentation, anchor design and installation best practise.
- Continued development of products and systems for Licensees
The ideal business to clip on for optimum profitability
- Existing and profitable Marine Service Business with experience in commercial diving and civil contracting in the marine sector.
- Highly mobile work platform (vessel) roughly 16m in length and 24T capacity as a minimum with good size deck area and structure.
- Inhouse skills: Computer literate, engineering mindset, administrative, marketing, estimating, skipper, deckhand and staff management.
- Networking and exposure with one of the typical Screw-in Anchor market segment and research work for marine developments (civil or aquaculture)
We are here to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information, requesting a quote or to discuss our Licenses options.